Completing your Passport Application: 4 Steps
- Application: Download and print your Canadian Passport application. Once you have the application form in hand, please follow these steps:
- Fill out Section 1: Personal Information. This is the first page of the ADULT Passport Application
- Sign Section 1. NOTE: Make sure you sign inside the white box – your pen must NOT touch the gray box.
- Fill out the remainder of your Canadian passport application. NOTE: if you are not sure how to complete a particular section of the form please leave it blank. We will call you back once you have faxed your forms to us.
- Documents: Make a photocopy of the front and back of a valid Government issued ID bearing your name and signature. Have your guarantor sign and date these copies.
- Photos: See your local photographer and ask for 2 Canadian passport photographs. NOTE: Photos must be according to certain specifications and must be taken within the past 12 months. Please ensure that photos are against a white background and are non-smiling (no teeth showing).Photos must not have a shadow and must not show any glare or reflection. Photos must be 50mm x 70mm (2 inches wide by 2 and 3/4 inches long)
- Guarantor: Please see the instructions printout to find out who could be your guarantor. Your guarantor needs to complete and sign Section 2 on page 1 of your passport application. Note: Guarantor’s signature must stay within the white box and must not touch the gray border. Your guarantor must also sign one of your photographs and photocopy of your provincial photo ID.
- Original Supporting Documents: Passport Canada requires the following original documents with your Canadian passport application:
- Your previous Canadian passport IF less than one year expired or IF current.
- Original Canadian Birth Certificate or Canadian Citizenship card.
- If you lost your Canadian Birth Certificate, please click here .
- If you lost your Canadian Citizenship Card, please click here .
All original documents will be returned back to you by the government in cases where we submit your application for you by courier. For Same Day services please DO NOT supply us with originals of your identifying documents.
IF you are missing a document, we will help you obtain it. Please inform us of that missing document when we call you back.
IF you do have the above documents please make a copy and fax them to us along with the application for a review.
- Other Requests: Adding a married surname to your valid passport? Your previous passport is lost or stolen? Ask our specialists once we call you back after you have faxed your application to us.
- Fill out the Order form for your chosen service, including payment information section.
- Send your completed Canadian passport application, photocopy of your Provincial photo ID and Birth Certificate or Canadian Citizenship Card to us including your order form by fax or by scanning and emailing your package to us. One of our agents will contact you once we have reviewed your Canadian passport application. Please complete the attached FAX COVER SHEET. Fax your package to us at 416-962-2968 or scan and email your package to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Courier instructions: Courier your package to our head office mailing address at:
Canadian Passport Support
230-b 200 Finch Ave. West
- COURIER: Use one of the following recommended courier companies:
Receive your Canadian passport back from the government including all your original documents.
It is possible to obtain this document directly from the issuing government body for a lower fee.
Our fees cover additional services to facilitate or expedite the process as detailed above.
Click here to obtain your document from Passport Canada
To contact the Canadian Government/Passport Canada call
Toll free: 1-800-567-6868
TTY services: 1-866-255-7655